When we meetEnvirolutions meetings are held every Thursday from 12:30-2:00 pm in the Center for Sustainable Design Studies in the basement of the Engineering Building on the Pratt Brooklyn campus.
- Proposition 37: the Right to Know
- Over Half of Germany’s Renewable Energy Owned By Citizens & Farmers, Not Utility Companies
- Pavan Sukhdev: Put a value on nature!
- Sustainable Packaging: Curbing your Wrap Rage
- Green in Brooklyn
- Justin Hall-Tipping: Freeing energy from the grid
- Envirolutions President Hailey O’Connor appears in this television story on Steve Jobs
- Recycle A Bicycle
- 100% Recycled Architectural Resin Panel
- Bikes, Street art, and Sustainability!
- What to Recycle with Sanitation
This election day, California voters will have the added responsibility of voting on California Proposition 37 for the “right to know”. A yes vote would make mandatory the labeling of genetically modified ingredients in foods. Genetic engineering allows genes from … Continue reading
Matthew McDermott January 6, 2012 Thomas Kohler/CC BY-SA 2.0 Germany’s promotion of renewable energy rightly gets singled out for its effectiveness, most often by me as an example of how to do things well versus the fits and starts method … Continue reading
Procter & Gamble’s Alternative to Clamshell Packaging Wins DuPont Packaging Award Posted by hipstomp to Core77.com | 16 Jun 2011 There are stand-up comics who do entire routines about trying to get a clamshell package open, and a couple of months ago we … Continue reading
I found a great store down the street from Pratt on Myrtle Ave. called Green in Brooklyn. They’re a great resource to find environmentally friendly cleaning supplied, paper products, bathroom products, beauty and kitchen products and are committed to helping … Continue reading
CBS News “Can Apple keep its lead without Steve Jobs?“
Wikipedia on Plastic
Photo credit: recycle a bicycle facebook Recycle A Bicycle is a volunteer based bike shop in DUMBO and East Village that offers refurbished bikes and practical bicycle maintenance techniques.The proceeds of the refurbished bicycles goes to the youth job training … Continue reading