During last semester Envirolutions had a slew of ideas on how to make Pratt an even more eco-friendly campus. The Envirolutions team saw the strength in The Green Container Program and decided to put it into action starting orientation week of the new 2014 Fall semester. Members set up an info table to get freshman and other members of Pratt’s community to participate in The Green Container Program. Even though The Green Container Program was implemented years ago, this year it has received a much needed makeover. The Green Container Program now works using a token system, a person uses five dollars from their meal plan to purchase a token (which they can then use for the remainder of the year). When said person goes to buy their meal at the dinning hall, they hand in their token and are given in exchange a Green Container with their food. The Green Container must then be brought back, and it is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. At this point the person is given back their token to then continue using the system. The Green Container is durable and comes with compartments to separate food that is bought. Made from polypropylene, the Green Container is durable as well as dishwasher safe. Overall ,Envirolutions and CulinArt are working hand in hand to put this sustainable program into effect.
When we meetEnvirolutions meetings for the Fall 2014 semester are held every Thursday from 12:30-1:45 pm in the Center for Sustainable Design Studies in the basement of the Engineering Building on the Pratt Brooklyn campus.
- Proposition 37: the Right to Know
- Over Half of Germany’s Renewable Energy Owned By Citizens & Farmers, Not Utility Companies
- Pavan Sukhdev: Put a value on nature!
- Sustainable Packaging: Curbing your Wrap Rage
- Green in Brooklyn
- Justin Hall-Tipping: Freeing energy from the grid
- Envirolutions President Hailey O’Connor appears in this television story on Steve Jobs
- Recycle A Bicycle
- 100% Recycled Architectural Resin Panel
- Bikes, Street art, and Sustainability!
- What to Recycle with Sanitation